Today has been what I call a "Lazy" day!
Peaks: I got a little Rest and Relaxation today. 12 hours in my bed today was really relaxing and refreshing after all the busyness lately.
Pits: I had to miss work because of these headaches. I miss my crazy little kiddos. I seriously love these kids and hate that I had to miss the chance to be with them today. They make my heart smile.
Praise: I went to the Doc today and they gave me some migraine medicine and scheduled me for a CT scan of my head tomorrow to see if they can find the cause of these headaches.
Prayers: Please pray for my CT scan tomorrow and they can find what is wrong. Also pray for this new medicine to make these headaches go away. I appreciate it!
Latest Learning:
Because I got to spend so much time in my bed today, I was able to do a lot of reading in my favorite book of all times. My BIBLE!
Man, I love this book! God speaks to me so clearly through it and I hate I have missed so much time to study it because of worldly things in the past few years.
So here is what God taught me today:
Laying in bed, sleeping, resting, trying to recover from being sick can be very boring and lonely. I’ve had to rely on the Lord for my encouragement and strength to get through this. There have been discouragements and challenges, but God has been faithful to always encourage me and teach me through every circumstance.
Last night I was alone and feeling down, so I read the devotional from a book I was given at Christmas.
I knew before I even opened to the page that it would be what I needed to read.
It was.
First Love. All throughout my time being sick, God has just been wooing me to fall more in love with Him. He’s romanced my heart to return to my first love. Not that I had lost it. But that passion, that deep affection is being renewed. You can have a steady love for God that deepens, but sometimes our feelings and circumstances try to ruin the sweetness of that. Thank God that He will not let us be jaded by the discouragements the enemy tries to use against us. God’s love is much stronger and more enduring than that, and He wants to reveal that truth more and more. He draws us back into the freshness of His presence.
I’ve also been seeking the Lord for ways to love others, especially two people who don’t seem to care for me at all. Those who I must love but don’t feel loved by. I want His love for every person, and I still struggle to love some people, especially those who treat me wrongly. God’s extravagant grace and love for me is the first step to realizing how much He loves them, too. I love because He loved me first. Without fresh revelation of God’s love and the surrender of my heart to all but my first love, how can I even begin to love others?
We can get caught up in life. Ministry, academics, relationships, dreams, etc. Jesus wants our hearts. He loves us so much. The things we do in life and the people in it are important. But let us never abandon our first love.
“I know all the things you do. I have seen your hard work and patient endurance…But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other like you did at first! Look how far you have fallen from your first love! Turn back to me again.” - Revelation 2:2, 4-5
God is calling us unto Himself, to deeper intimacy, to live today with the intimacy of our years together and the passion of first love.
I hope this encourages you as much as it did me.
Until Tomorrow:
Callie

0 comments:
Post a Comment